Come join us in Oakville Galleries' Gairloch Gardens to create art outside by the lake! Classes will include instruction in creating artworks inspired by nature and the beautiful surroundings of Gairloch Gardens and Lake Ontario. Each session will change in content and focus on painting en plein air, making sun prints, landscape or still life drawing, and even sculpting! Materials such as chalk pastel, watercolour and clay will be used to create beautiful masterpieces.
We had an overwhelmingly positive response to this new program, our registration is now closed. Thank you all for your support! To learn more about our upcoming kids programs join our mailing list!
- Thursday 30 July 2020
- Thursday 13 August 2020
- Thursday 6 August 2020
- Thursday 20 August 2020
10:00 am–11:30 am
All classes will be conducted in Gairloch Gardens. Drop-off will be outside of the Education Centre at Oakville Galleries in Gairloch Gardens, 1306 Lakeshore Road East, 2 km from downtown Oakville.
Cancellation with a refund must be requested at least 7 days before your child's program begins. There are no refunds for cancellations requested less than 7 days before the program begins.
Inclement Weather Policy
Class will run rain or shine and all participants should dress accordingly. Program content will be adjusted to the weather as necessary.
Health & Safety
The safety of our campers and staff is our top priority. To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, Oakville Galleries programs meet health guidelines designed in consultation with the Town of Oakville and in alignment with provincial health guidelines for day camps. Guidelines include lower ratios and capacity, encouraging physical distancing, mandatory health screening, and all instruction outdoors.
Many new protocols are in place to ensure the safety of participants:
- Drop-off/Pick-up with clear signage to promote physical distancing
- Health screening for all participants and staff
- Maximum grouping of 5 participants
- Access to hand sanitizer at screening station and during instruction
- Increased sanitation of all program equipment and high-traffic areas
- Dedicated program equipment for each participant
- Program planning that encourages and easily facilitates physical distancing
- Masks available to staff when physical distancing is not possible (i.e. when assisting with First Aid)
- Masks are optional for participants and participants can bring their own mask to wear
- No access into the Oakville Galleries building but isolation room is prepared if necessary
Parents must successfully complete a health screening for their child(ren) prior to admittance into class upon drop-off and complete a form. Parents are required to take their child(ren)'s temperature in the morning prior to class. The health screening will identify anyone with COVID-19 related symptoms including fever, recent travel, recent contact with an individual with COVID-19 or symptoms. Any participant with an unsuccessful screening will not be permitted into the program in accordance with Provincial and Regional guidelines.
An email outlining all necessary information listed above will be sent to registrants prior to the program start date.