CALL FOR SUMMER VOLUNTEERS AT OAKVILLE GALLERIES
Oakville Galleries is seeking motivated, art-loving students for volunteer placements in our Summer Art Camps for children ages 6 to 14. These placements will offer a fun and rewarding work experience at one of Canada's top contemporary art museums. Participants will receive a letter of reference upon successful completion of their hours.
2018 Summer Camp Details
- Camps run every week from 3 July–31 August.
- Students are required to commit to the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm every day from Monday to Friday, preferably for a minimum of two weeks.
- English and French placements are available; bilingual students are encouraged to apply.
- Assist art instructors with the delivery of indoor and outdoor art activities for children and youth;
- Mentor young artists, develop leadership skills and serve as a role model;
- Assist camp staff with the supervision of campers during breaks;
- Help prepare example art projects and set up materials and supplies for each day's program;
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for all participants;
- Ensure facilities are left clean and organized at the end of every day;
- Keep art materials organized and return supplies to their proper storage areas.
The ideal candidate:
- has successfully completed at least two secondary school art courses and/or has an interest in visual art;
- has experience working with children ages 6 to 10;
- is familiar with a range of artistic techniques and materials;
- is responsible, hard-working, enthusiastic, and dynamic.
How To Apply
Students should contact Oakville Galleries with a brief message explaining why they want to volunteer. Successful applicants will be called for a short training session. Students must be at least 15 years of age or have completed Grade 10 to participate.
For more information and to submit your application, contact:
Manager of Education and Outreach